Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Nashville Radio: Bobby Bones To Be 'Idol' Mentor

Bobby Bones, the 37-year-old host of the country-radio format “Bobby Bones Show,” on WSIX 979.9 The Big 98 and syndicated on more than 100 stations, told listeners Wednesday morning that he has been selected as this season’s “American Idol” mentor.

“I just feel like it’s too good to be true,” Bones told the Austin America-Statesman earlier this month before breaking the news on-air. “I never thought I would get a call back. Then they called about two months ago and said, ‘We really think this could be something for you.’ … A couple days ago they confirmed it, they want me to do it.”

This season’s judges are Luke Bryan, Lionel Richie and Katy Perry. Bones will appear as mentor on the show for several episodes in April.

“It’s tough for me to even describe it,” Bones told the American-Statesman. “(But I do) bring something different to the show, meaning I’ve worked in a lot of different formats and these singers are going to be singing a lot of different things. I think I’ll bring perspective to that side of it instead of being another singer or another artist. I’ve done a little artist-ing and a little singing and a little breaking of new talent and a lot of radio. I’ve been on both sides of the microphone.”

The new season of “American Idol” kicks off on March 11 on ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment