Thursday, January 18, 2018

Reports: Rupert Murdoch Suffers Back Injury


Rupert Murdoch reportedly suffered a back injury in a recent sailing accident, according to an internal note from the media mogul, which was provided to the Associated Press.

According to The Guardian, the 86-year-old sent the note last week to senior executives at his companies, 21st Century Fox and News Corp, saying he would be working from home for weeks because of the injury, according to a person with knowledge of the email who was not authorized to share the note.

Murdoch, 86, was reportedly in the Caribbean on his son Lachlan’s yacht around the beginning of the year when the injury occurred, and taken from the boat to a hospital by helicopter.

The News Corp billionaire’s injury was first reported in Vanity Fair, which described an email from Murdoch sent to senior executives at the company.

“I hope you all are having a great start to 2018. I suspect it has been better than mine,” he wrote, according to the magazine’s source.

“I am writing to tell you that last week I had a sailing accident and suffered a painful back injury. While I am well on the road to recovery, I have to work from home for some weeks. In the meantime, you’ll be hearing from me by email, phone and text!”

No comments:

Post a Comment