Friday, June 16, 2017

Ted Nugent Pledges To Tone-Down Rhetoric

Politically charged musician Ted Nugent appeared on Talk WABC 770 AM’s “Curtis & Eboni,” and in the aftermath of the GOP congressional shooting, Nugent claimed that he can’t engage in “hateful” political rhetoric any longer.

“I cannot and I will not and I encourage even my friends/enemies on the left in the Democrat and liberal world that we got to be more civil to each other,” Nugent said. “The whole world is watching America where you have the God-given right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And we have to be more respectful to the other side.”

TheBlaze reports he continued and said, “I’m gonna take a deep breath, and I’m gonna back down. And if it gets fiery, if it gets hateful, I’m going away and I’m not gonna engage in that hateful rhetoric anymore.”


The rocker also acknowledged his previous speeches directed at Democrats Hillary Clinton and former President Barack Obama, saying that the reason he would engage in such controversial rhetoric was because he was so hyped up and angry about the political climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment