Wednesday, February 8, 2017

'This Morning' Host Charlie Rose To Have Heart Surgery


Charlie Rose will undergo heart surgery Thursday and will take a several week break from anchoring "CBS This Morning" to recuperate.

Rose wrote in a note that the surgery is voluntary and will replace an artificial aorta valve that he first had installed 15 years ago.

The anchor said in the note he expects to be back at work in March, reports Fox News.

"I can't wait to be back completely rested with my heart recharged, my passion for the work ahead purposeful and my joy at life’s pleasures high," the 75-year-old wrote.

Rose is best known for anchoring his self-titled PBS program "Charlie Rose" since 1991. He currently co-anchors "CBS This Morning" and is a contributing correspondent to the news magazine "60 Minutes."

Rose posted the following statement:
Almost 15 years ago skilled surgeons replaced my aorta valve with a new replacement valve. It has served me well enabling me to live the vigorous, full, complete life you are all so familiar with. No one loves life more than I do.   
To continue to live this amazing life so full of challenges and friends, including so many of you in the audience, I have chosen to replace the valve with a new one.  The timing is my choice.   
So tomorrow, I will undergo surgery which will keep me at the hospital for a few days and then resting for a couple of weeks. I look forward to seeing you in March. In the meantime you are in great hands with my remarkable colleagues, Norah and Gayle backed by the best morning team anywhere.   
I can’t wait to be back completely rested with my heart recharged, my passion for the work ahead purposeful and my joy at life’s pleasures high. 
Until then, stay close.  

No comments:

Post a Comment