Wednesday, December 28, 2016

SF Radio: Morning Host Andrew Hart EXITS AC KOIT-FM

Andrew Hart
Morning radio host Andrew Hart has announced he is exiting Entercom's KOIT 96.5 FM and the radio industry so that he can "explore other opportunities."

The 28-year-old Hart posted the following on his Facebook page Tuesday:
ANNOUNCEMENT: After 14 years (literally half my life) on the radio, I've decided to step away from the business to explore other opportunities. This was a decision I made completely on my own. 
I want to thank Brian Figula and Steve Dinardo at Entercom San Francisco for the incredible opportunity to Host the Morning Show on 96.5 KOIT. Amazing station, beautiful city, wonderful people. 
The last 14 years have been the craziest ride, ever. The opportunities I've had put in front of me were only in my wildest dreams. Whether you listened to me in Benton, Carbondale, St. Louis, Portland, Jacksonville, Chicago, Atlanta, Sacramento, San Francisco or on Sirius/XM - THANK YOU for your attention. To everyone who helped me along the way (you know who you are), thank YOU for giving me a shot. I'll always owe you one. 
I'm excited to announce my future plans in early 2017.
Hart joined KOIT-FM in June 2015 from Hubbard's WTMX The Mix 101.9 FM in Chicago, where he was known as 'Finnegan".

According to Chicago Radio&Media, Hart's Chicago radio career started in February 2008, when joined WKSC 103.5 KissFM as a part-time weekend host, as well as doing weekend voice-tracking for a handful of other Clear Channel-owned stations, including the St. Louis and Jacksonville markets.

Nick and Kristen
In August 2012, Hart was hired by WTMX The Mix at just 23 years old, making him the youngest on-air personality at the station. He hosted the nighttime shift to excellent ratings and listener reaction.

Hart submitted his resignation to WTMX-FM and Hubbard Radio Chicago in June 2015, so that he could accept the morning show opportunity in San Francisco with Entercom.

Meanwhile, KOIT has quickly filled its morning vacancy with the addition of Nick Steele and Kristen Flowers from Entravision Country KNTY 101.9 FM The Wolf in Sacramento.

The married-duo previously worked at Midwest Communications Top40 WMGI 100.7 FM in Terre Haute IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment