Thursday, August 11, 2016

WWOne Extends Partnership with Country Kix Brooks

Westwood One today announced a multi-year, extended partnership with Country music superstar Kix Brooks, host of American Country Countdown, as he simultaneously celebrates his ten-year anniversary with the show.

“Ten years ago when I was offered the opportunity to host American Country Countdown, I thought ‘Wow I don’t know much about talking on the radio, but I love this business, and I love great songs and talent. I’ll get to spend time with so many friends I never see anymore. This could be fun!” Brooks said. “I can’t believe how the time has flown, and I’m blown away to think that so many station owners have trusted me with their airwaves, and so many listeners have made me a part of their weekends. And now Cumulus has flattered me again, by asking me to continue with the show for years to come. I consider this to be a huge responsibility, and I look forward to sharing my experiences, along with the lives and music of our great Country artists. I will try my best to make sure every week the listeners out there are having as much fun as I am!”

“Extending our partnership with Kix is a no-brainer,” said Suzanne Grimes, Westwood One’s President and EVP, Corporate Marketing for Cumulus. “He’s more than a Country legend -- his lifestyle and entertainment brands touch millions beyond the Country space. Plus, our listeners and our clients just adore him. We look forward to extending our relationship working with Kix on multiple new projects.”

The three-time CMA "National Broadcast Personality of the Year" has hosted the long-running American Country Countdown, each week counting down Country music’s Top 30 songs. The broadcast industry has taken note, making him the first person to ever win a CMA Award in both the artist and broadcast categories. Brooks’ brand extends far beyond music and radio. In addition to being a celebrity judge for Cumulus’ NASH Next 2016 competition, Brooks hosts the nightly radio show Kickin’ it with Kix and is a regular contributor to NASH Country Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment