Thursday, April 28, 2016

Curt Schilling: ESPN Biased Against Political Conservatives

Curt Schilling
Former Boston Red Sox pitcher and ESPN baseball analyst Curt Schilling hurled some high, hard ones at his former employer and some of his colleagues Wednesday in an appearance at “Breitbart News Patriot Forum” on Sirius XM (SoundCloud below).

Alex Marlow, host of the satellite radio program, asked Schilling about what it was like to move from professional sports, “the ultimate meritocracy,” to ESPN where he was “told what to say and how to say it.” Schilling responded, “I think it was much more a matter of being told what I can’t say.

“It was apparent to me early on that if you wanted to go off topic as a sportsperson, you had to go off topic left or you were going to get into trouble,” Schilling said.

According to Hot Air, he then went on to describe the climate behind the scenes at the sports network for anyone who may be right of center, politically:
“One of the things I got early on, people would walk up to me… We had the green room in ESPN, which I kind of turned it into a locker room where everything was on the table, you could make fun of anybody’s mom and all the things that go with that, like in a baseball locker room. But I had people come up to me and go [whispering] ‘Hey, I’m with ya. I’m a Republican, too.’  It was like a deadly serious thing, like, we didn’t talk… like religion on the table was a much easier discussion than who you voted for.”
Schilling also claimed that when the discussions at ESPN turn to racial matters, he’s heard comments that would make David Duke blush.


No comments:

Post a Comment