Monday, February 15, 2016

Cleveland Radio: Kevin Keily Quits The Fan WKRK

Kevin Kiley
WKRK 92.3 FM  radio host Kevin Kiley, who faced a wave of criticism for remarks he made about Buffalo Bills assistant coach Kathryn Smith accused the network of censorship on-air Thursday night while announcing his resignation.

Kevin Kiley, one of two hosts of “Kiley & Carman,” a morning show on CBS Radio’s 92.3 The Fan, made headlines last month after he said there’s “no place for a woman” to coach men in professional football and that Ms. Smith “couldn’t possibly be qualified” for the position.

The Washington Times reports Kiley appeared on CBS’s television affiliate in Cleveland to announce his resignation at month’s end, but not without accusing the network of censoring him. He said CBS served him with a letter threatening his job if he didn’t tone down his rhetoric.

“I was handed a written edict from CBS. … They threatened my job twice in the letter,” he said.

Kiley said that he actually resigned from WKRK in early November for unrelated reasons, effective at the end of this month.

“My principles, their principles of doing business, they don’t match,” he said. “And it was tough for me to work there. So I have resigned and I’ll be ending, I think at the end of the month. Maybe at the end of this show. We’ll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment