Thursday, November 5, 2015

Atlanta Radio: Bert Weiss "Blindsided" By Dauler Departure


Bert Weiss, given the first opportunity to talk on air about his feelings regarding Jeff Dauler’s sudden departure from his show on WWWQ 99.7 FM Q100 to WSTR Star 94.1 FM, more or less punted.

Jeff Dauler
According to Media writer Rodney Ho at ajc.com, Weiss' emotions were clearly raw and he said he didn’t want to say anything he would regret in the future.

At about 7 a.m. Wednesday morning, he announced Dauler leaving the Bert Show without specifying where he went, just saying he had gone in a “different direction.”

Weiss, who began working with Dauler in 2001 when Q100 and the Bert Show launched, admitted that he was “blindsided” by the news.

“I’m not ready to talk about it yet,” Weiss said on air. “I kind of feel like, when you’re emotional about something, that is probably the worst time to be 100 percent authentic. If I did that this morning, I think I would end up saying things I would regret long term.”

He said he was still “sifting through the feelings. There are a lot levels to this whole thing… some professional, some personal. I know what you guys want to hear… ‘Hey, he’s moved on in his life to something he considers bigger and better and I’m happy for my friend and partner of 15 years.’

The Bert Show, heard in Atlanta on Q100, is also available on 16 other stations nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment