Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Radio One Names David Kantor Radio Unit CEO

Tom Joyner, David Kantor
Radio One has announced the appointment David Kantor as CEO of Radio One's Radio segment.

He'll now oversee the company's 54 stations in 16 markets, while maintaining leadership of the Reach Media's syndicated radio programming. Kantor founded the company with air personality Tom Joyner in 2003 to syndicate the "Tom Joyner Morning Show." Prior to that, Kantor was President of AMFM Radio Networks.

Kantor previously served as President of ABC Radio Networks during the '90s.

Radio One President/CEO Alfred Liggins said, "I've been partners with David (and Tom Joyner) in Reach Media for 11 years. I highly respect his work ethic and intelligence. David's skill-set, his business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit are second to none. I'm excited about his leadership of our network and local radio business and I have every confidence that he will do an outstanding job."

Kantor added, "I know this business. I started my career in local radio and in every network position I've had, I've touched local radio. I'm excited about the new opportunities before us as we leverage our leading network and local radio business in the market."

No comments:

Post a Comment