Wednesday, September 9, 2015

San Diego Radio: Jerry Leaving KYXY Showgram


Longtime morning host Jerry Cesak stunned listeners this morning with the news that he was departing the Jeff & Jer Showgram in HotAC KYXY 96.5 FM, effective Wednesday, October 14, 2015.

He’s been waking up San Diegans on the top-rated “Jeff & Jer” morning show since 1988.

Cesak says "It's Time":
The reason I’m leaving radio can be told in 2 simple words...It's time.
“Life, I think, comes in chapters, and in my life, the radio chapter is over. I still love what I’ve done every morning in San Diego for 27 years. I still love the show and my family who does it with me. 
I’ll miss them terribly and I’ll certainly miss our marvelous audience. So part of me is sad for sure."

CLICK HERE for Cesak's Goodbye Letter.

It was also announced that The Shogram would continue on the CBS Radio station after Cesak's departure.  His radio partner for 26+ years, Jeff Detrow will carry-on with the Showgram's usual cast: cohosts Emily Griffth and Laura Cain aloing with producer Tommy Sablan.

Detrow remarked, "Our show will continue. We are ready for the next thirty-three years!"

Jeff and Jer have been in the San Diego market since 1988 with gigs at KFMB-FM, KKLQ-FM (Q106.FM), and KKYY (Y95 FM).

No comments:

Post a Comment