Tuesday, September 8, 2015

KC Radio: Mike Kennedy Steps Away From Mornings On KBEQ

Steel City Media/Kansas City has announced that veteran programmer Mike Kennedy has  taken himself off-air at Country KBEQ 104.3 FM.

Kennedy has been a fixture for the past 14-uyear son the Q104 morning show.  He'll continue his PD duties.

Kennedy commented in his  FaceBook , "After almost 14 years of being a part of the morning drive on Q104 and on the air for nearly 38 years, I have decided to hang up the headphones. I might fill in every now and then, but the 4 am wakeup call needed to come to an end."

"I'm excited to turn the reins over to Zeke and Jillian and the continuation of the morning drive with the addition of TJ! You'll be in good hands. I will continue to work behind the scenes at Q104. We have had an absolute blast on the show. And my wife wanted me to make it clear that we are not leaving! Y'all can't be that lucky in one day. Many thanks to you all that made the mornings fun for me! I'd be writing a book here if I started recounting all the great moments on the air!"

KBEQ 104.3 FM (100 Kw) Red=60dBu Local Coverage Area
KBEQ's TJ McEntire will move from afternoons to mornings to fill the position alongside current morning team Zeke and Jillian. At this moment, there is no word on a replacement for McEntire in afternoons.

 He was inducted to the Country Radio Hall Of Fame last June.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, you are already missed! You have been the favorite part of my drive in the mornings since switching to Q104. Enjoy the extra shut-eye! Hope to hear you on the air again.

    ReplyDelete