Monday, August 10, 2015

Megyn Kelly Dismisses Debate Critics

Howard Kurtz
Fox News’ Megyn Kelly opened up for the first time Sunday morning about all the criticism she and Fox have gotten about last week’s Republican debate, talking with MediaBuzz host Howard Kurtz. And, basically, she took the high road, not necessarily singling out Trump but instead defending her tough questions and saying, “If you can’t get past me, how are you gonna handle Vladimir Putin.”

She explained that the goal was, for every candidate, to “drill down to their most vulnerable areas and then give them a chance to explain them” because these same things will most definitely resurface in the general election.

Kelly anticipated a few boos (which they got), but said of all the criticism, “It’s okay, I’m a big girl. I can take it.” Furthermore, she made it clear she didn’t want her male co-moderators being her white knights in case she came under attack.

As for supposed “gotcha” questions, Kelly said, “I don’t think that my history as a journalist supports bias on my part towards either party… When Im ticking off both sides, I’m in my sweet spot.”


Kurtz noted at the top he conducted his interview with Kelly before Trump’s ridiculous “blood” remark

No comments:

Post a Comment