Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Big Changes Announced For 'The View'


The upcoming 19th season of The View will bring big changes to the daytime chatfest -- specifically the return of Joy Behar and the addition of some new co-hosts.

Joy Behr
ABC News' Paula Faris and Full House star Candace Cameron Bure have officially been announced as co-hosts along with Joy and returning hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Michelle Collins, and Raven-Symoné. In addition to the new co-hosts, Sherri Shepherd, Padma Lakshmi, Stacy London, Republican strategist Ana Navarro, and Molly Sims have been hired as a rotating team of contributors.

Joy said in a statement, "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in. Plus, Steve was getting tired of applauding every time I gave my opinion. But I'm happy to be back home. And I'm looking forward to sticking my two cents into the hot topics, especially now that Hillary Clinton and the Donald are in the spotlight."

Candace also addressed the news saying, "I am thrilled to be joining The View as a regular co-host this fall. I am honored to be a new addition to such a strong group of bright and opinionated women, and I look forward to sharing this exciting journey with viewers new and old."

Faris released her own statement which read, "I'm humbled and excited to have not one, but two dream jobs -- Good Morning America and The View. What I love about the The View is that no topic is off the table and every viewer can feel like they have a voice on the show. I can't wait to connect with the audience in a new way as I take a seat alongside this exceptional group of women."

Creator and executive producer Barbara Walters also said, "As The View embarks on a remarkable 19th season, I am extremely proud to see the legacy of smart and diverse women engaging in entertaining and thought-provoking conversation continue."

No comments:

Post a Comment