Friday, July 10, 2015

Tucson Radio: Alan Michaels Returns For Oldies Show

Alan Michaels
Alan Michaels, one of the most recognizable personalities in Tucson radio, will be back on the air starting Sunday morning, July 12, from 8-10. The local radio legend will use that time to broadcast music from the format that made him a household name in this market, but on a station known for talk and sports: Powertalk KEVT 1210 AM.

"I love my current job at Wells Fargo," Michaels told Tucson Weekly. "But doing an oldies show on the weekends has been on my mind for some time. I stopped in and talked to (Operations Manager Jim Parisi), told him I was thinking of doing an oldies show on the weekends, and without hesitation he said I want you to do it here. I was surprised because he does talk and sports. Doing music is totally different, but his logic was you have a name, you know how to do it, and on Sunday morning you would bring something to the table. Why not?"

Michaels was unceremoniously bounced from Clear Channel (now iheartmedia) during its major cutback four years ago. At the time, Michaels was morning host on KOOL 1450 AM, Tucson's last real remnant of the traditional oldies format.

"People continue to ask me when I'm going back on," Michaels said. "The questions are always there. Nobody in Tucson is doing the oldies. Nobody's doing it with a fun format. When you're having fun playing it, and the listeners are having fun listening to it, it's a whole different ballgame."

Read More Now

1 comment:

  1. I heard it this morning ( Oldies format, Alan Michaels really does a great job- Wished that Tucson or Green Valley had him on...... John Ochoa

    ReplyDelete