Thursday, July 9, 2015

Trump Calls Anderson Cooper's Questions "Pathetic"


Donald Trump did not appreciate Anderson Cooper's line of questions surrounding the construction crew he hired to build his Trump Tower in Manhattan.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the presidential hopeful appeared as a guest on Wednesday's Anderson Cooper 360ยบ, where the CNN host asked about a court case that Trump settled in 1999 surrounding 200 illegal Polish immigrants alleging they were paid less than minimum wage back for their work back in 1975.

"I hired a contractor," Trump replied about the Trump Tower construction crew. "Anderson, I hire a contractor. The contractor then hires the subcontractor. They have people. I don't know — I don't remember, that was so many years ago, 35 years ago they said we had some illegal immigrants."

Trump did not appreciate it when Cooper continued to question him about why he wouldn't have known if the workers were illegal immigrants.

"Anderson, when you have to go back 35 years to tell me about something, I think that's pretty pathetic, to be honest with you," Trump said. He added that a recent Washington Post story about illegal immigrants being hired to build his latest Washington, D.C. hotel was not credible because it did not name its sources.


Cooper also asked Trump how much money his comments about Mexican immigrants in his presidential campaign speech have cost him, but Trump declined to cite an exact figure.

"It's a lot of money," Trump admitted. "But fortunately, I am very rich. It doesn't matter to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment