Saturday, April 11, 2015

NYC Radio: Pat St. John To Sign-Off At WCBS-FM

Pat. St. John
Veteran Personality Pat St. John will be signing-off Sunday from WCBS 101.1 FM after some 42-years in the market.

His final show on the Classic Hits stations airs 3p to 6p.  His other on-air stints were on WPLJ, WNEW-FM and WAXQ.

"I don't want any tears," St. John told David Hinckley at the NY Daily News. "No one should say they're sad. This is a happy, wonderful moment. I've loved my 42 years here and now I'm moving to something else I love."

He and his wife Jan are leaving NYC for the San Diego area to be closer to their two daugters.

"We've been spending all our vacations there anyway," says St. John. "We've talked about moving for a while and finally we decided we were just missing too much by staying here."

MORE ON PAT ST. JOHN: Click Here

This does not, he stresses, mean he's retiring from radio.

He will continue doing his daily 1p to 5p show on SiriusXM's "Sixties on 6".

"I've been doing the show from home for about 10 years," he says. "Now I'll just do it from a different city. Our new place has a barn, which I will turn into a studio.

"The best thing about the SiriusXM show is that I'm doing it live now. That just makes a difference. So my New York fans can still hear me. They'll just need to cough up a few bucks for satellite."

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment