Thursday, March 19, 2015

Report: FCC I-G Launches Net Neutrality Probe

The inspector general for the Federal Communications Commission has reportedly opened an investigation into the agency’s process for writing new rules for the Internet, according to the House Oversight Committee.

“It’s my understanding that it’s not an audit, not an inspection, but its an actual investigation,” committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) said at the conclusion of a hearing Tuesday with FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler.

Chaffetz’s office was told about the probe last week, an aide said, but the chairman himself was unaware of the action “until I walked up here.”

“I don’t have any other details,” Chaffetz told reporters afterward. “I just know that they’ve opened an investigation.”

Jay Keithley, an assistant inspector general, declined to comment to The Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment