Thursday, January 22, 2015

NYC Radio: Emmis Says Hot97 Deal Reports Are False

A spokesperson got Emmis Communications says reports of Jay Z attempting to buy WQHT 97.1 FM Hot 97 are false.

Several Hip-Hop website have been speculating recently that JayZ has retained lawyers and investment bankers to work on a deal.  One 'investors' is said to be Carmelo Anthony of the NY Knicks.

The claim of Jay Z buying the radio station came after Funkmaster Flex, who has his own radio show at Hot 97, recently ranted accusing JayZ of stealing the idea for his Samsung app.

"Let me be clear, because I read through everything in that email that was sent to me, I don't care about your website," Funkmaster Flex said. "Your website's trash. Y'all can't move with me in this digital space. Maybe if y'all copies everything I was doing with the app, your app wouldn't have crashed the day your album dropped. Don't play with me. I didn't take no sides in that situation. Play me like I'm stupid and you're gonna see a different kind of dude firing off on you. I let you live in this town, don't think I can't ruin you."

No comments:

Post a Comment