Friday, January 16, 2015

NJ Radio: Christie Tells NJ 101.5 FM He's 'Undecided'


New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie flirted with but did not definitely answer the big question Thursday night: “Are you running for president?”

“I will repeat to you my answer which is that I have not decided,” Christie said at the outset Thursday night’s “Ask the Governor” program with Eric Scott on WKXW 101.5 FM NJ 101-5 and on the Townsquare Radio Network.

Asked about reports that he will set up a fundraising committee by the end of the month, the governor said, “There’s lots of people making lots of suggestions to me about the best way for me to continue to get to know the country better. . . but I haven’t made any final decisions about what to do.”

Christie said he would not be influenced by moves made by other GOP contenders, including former Florida governor Jeb Bush and 2012 candidate Matt Romney. He said he has told others, including his staff, “Relax. You know, no one’s voting for another 12 and a half months. . . so everybody just come down. Be relaxed. Look at me, I’m perfectly relaxed.”

The governor said he will discuss the 2016 decision with his family but answered “no” when asked if his family could veto a presidential run.

No comments:

Post a Comment