Monday, January 19, 2015

Hoops Analyst Greg Anthony Suspended By CBS, Turner

Greg Anthony
Greg Anthony has been suspended indefinitely by CBS Corp. (CBS) and Turner Broadcasting System Inc. following his Jan. 16 arrest for soliciting a prostitute, according to Bloomberg.

Anthony, a college basketball analyst for the network and former player for professional teams including the New York Knicks and Portland Trail Blazers, “will not be working again for CBS this season,” according to CBS. He also has been suspended indefinitely from Turner’s sports coverage, the company confirmed in an e-mail. Turner is a unit of Time Warner Inc.

Anthony was arrested at 5:46 p.m. Friday at the DoubleTree hotel in downtown Washington, according to a written report by the Metropolitan Police Department. The arrest came as part of an undercover sting operation.

Police charged Anthony with solicitation of prostitution, which is punishable by up to 180 days in jail, Carew said. Anthony was processed and released. He used a computer in the incident, according to the report.

“I made a mistake,” Anthony said in a Jan. 17 statement. “I apologize to my colleagues and business partners, but most of all to my wife and my family.”

“With this lapse of judgment, I embarrassed many, including myself,” he said. “I will work to regain the trust that I have lost, and the first step is saying that I am sorry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment