Tuesday, September 2, 2014

San Diego Radio: Jack Diamond LEAVES Max-FM

Jack Diamond
Morning personality Jack Diamond has departed XHPRS 105.7 FM MaxFM in San Diego after just two weeks.

It had been reported elsewhere that Diamond had accepted an offer from WLS 94.7 FM in Chicago.  But, a source confirmed to M-C that report was false.

Rather, Diamond has returned to the D-C area because of family concerns.

In a Facebook posting, Diamond wrote of leaving MaxFM, "The saddest part - I LOVED my radio station and the people there. First rate people and broadcasters. I LOVED the morning show team. I literally drove across the country in 2 1/2 days. Arrived on a Saturday. Met my team on a Sunday. Went on the air Monday. If you listened, you know how well it clicked. My Program Director, GM, air staff and everyone there empathized and were kind and welcoming. I couldn't have been happier, but was desperately worried about the most important thing, my family. They were very understanding in my return to DC. I can't thank them enough. This is 100% on me. The station was and is amazing. It will kick some serious tail in San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment