Saturday, August 30, 2014

Tri Cities Radio: Morning Host Dave Hogan Retires From WJCW

Dave Hogan
After 57 years on the radio waves across the hills of western North Carolina and East Tennessee, the man behind an iconic voice made his final broadcast Friday on Cumulus'  WJCW 910 AM in Johnson City, TN.

Dave Hogan's start in radio came at 12-years-old when he used a coffee can to broadcast his voice. The perfect pitch seems like something he's just always had a knack for.

"It's best if you just be natural, and that's what I've tried to, and use my natural voice," Hogan said.

In retirement, according to WCYB-TV, Hogan is finally getting rid of something that tends to come in the broadcasting world: the deadline.

"I love to fish, and I've always had a deadline, even if the fish are biting, I've had to thrown down my fishing pole and head back to work," Hogan said. "I won't be doing that anymore. If the fish are biting, I'll be staying there as long as they bite."

Along with the fishing pole, he might also have a baseball glove lying around somewhere. Hogan is a huge baseball fan, and he plans to visit as many professional parks as he can. His first stop is Nationals Park in Washington D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment