Tuesday, June 24, 2014

NYC Radio: Martinez Talks About Switching Stations

Martinez, Angela Lee, Charlamagne Da God
NYC Radio personality Angie Martinez has spoken for the first time about her decision last week to leave WQHT 97.1 FM Hot 97 after many years. 

She’s signed on with crosstown rival WWPR 105.1 FM Power 105 for PM Drive.  Starting in July, she’ll also be hosting middays on CCM+E’s WMIB 103.5 FM The Beat in Miami.

This week she visited Power 105.1 Breakfast Club and said she was happy about her decision.

She says she left the competing station on amicable terms.

"It's business and people leave jobs all the time. I'm not disloyal at all. I have always been extremely loyal. I put, I don't know how many years of my life down for that company. Even the highest of higher ups – which is when I went to make the phone call when I decided to take this amazing offer that I got. They said 'you’ve served this company so well so many years, I can do nothing but wish you well.'

No comments:

Post a Comment