Monday, May 26, 2014

R.I.P.: CCM+E/Detroit PD K.J. Holiday Has Died

Longtime CCM+E/Detroit Director of Urban programming KJ Holiday died during the weekend from an apparent heart attack.

He was program director for Hip Hop WJLB 97.9 FM and UrbanAC WMXD 92.3 FM Mix 923.

Previously, Holiday was Director of Programming for Clear Channel's WOWI-FM/WJCD-FM/WSVY-FM/WSVV-FM in Norfolk.







Clear Channel SVP/Urban Programming Doc Wynter stated, "KJ was my dude; I worked with him longer than any other member of our Urban team.  We began working together in Norfolkd in the early 2000s and then through his years in Detroit at WJLB and WMXD.  I loved that he was a nice guy. When we promoted him to Detroit, someone once suggested to me that he would not succeed because he was too nice of a guy.

"He eclipsed everyone's expectations, but not mine.  I believed that his kindness was what made people want to work hard for him.  He always backed his people; he would frequently call me to recommend members of his staff for added responsibilities."

In honor of Holiday, Mix 92.3 FM personality Frankei Darcell posted "The Dash" on her blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment