Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Portland OR Radio: Dave Scott Leaves KINK-FM


Dave Scott, longtime co-host of "The Morning Show" on KINK 101.9 FM, announced Monday morning that he's leaving the show and the station. The KINK-FM  website listing on-air station staff now lists Scott as "retired."

Scott wrote:



On the rest of the page, Scott shares some of his background, from his first job in radio (KARR, in Great Falls, Montana) to his love of music.

KINK 101.9 FM (99Kw) 60dBu 
"My teen years are highlighted with memories of Drum Solos at Jr. High sock hops and the thrill of hopefully impressing the girl that happened by the garage on practice day. 
After High School, I hit the road with my buddies to live the rock and roll Dream! Suprisingly, living in my old blue Econoline van, playing dive bars in small Midwestern towns got old after about a year and the sobering realities of life as a musician began to alter my course.  
That is when I discovered radio. If I couldn’t make a living performing music, at least I could live vicariously through those that were by playing their records. My travels have taken me from Montana to Iowa. I developed a taste for Gumbo working at a radio station in Janis Joplin’s hometown of Port Arthur Texas. Being on the air in Seattle turned me into a coffee snob and the need to settle down with my family brought me to Portland. I have been a member of the KINK family since 2000."

No comments:

Post a Comment