Monday, March 10, 2014

LA Radio: Get Well Wishes For Shotgun Tom Kelly


Shotgun Tom Kelly, afternoon personality at K-EARTH 101.1 FM, underwent successful quadruple heart bypass surgery in San Diego Saturday afternoon, according to laradio.com.

Don Barrett at LARadio reports receiving a text from Kelly Friday night:
“I just wanted you to know that I’m in San Diego and went to see my cardiologist. He said that I need a triple bypass. I’m going under the knife tomorrow morning at 7:20 a.m. Please, I need your prayers. God bless. I’m taking it one day at a time.”
Kelly underwent six hours of surgey Saturday.

Courtesy of RAMP
Barrett says he spoke with Tom’s wife after the surgery and she was very optimistic about Kelly's recovery. Tom lives in Los Angeles during the week while dj’ing at K-EARTH and every Friday he drives to San Diego to spend the weekend at his longtime home in El Cajon with his wife.

Earlier last week, Tom went in for a routine, semi-annual physical. He told his doctor that he was experiencing “pressure on his chest.” They planned to do an angioplasty on Friday but an x-ray showed some blockage in his arteries. “Tom’s heart is very strong,” emphasized Linda.

Tom is scheduled to be in the hospital for five days and should be back on the air in two weeks.

San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

No comments:

Post a Comment