Thursday, February 13, 2014

Report: Leaving Radio 'Not An Option' For Scott Shannon

Scott Shannon
“It’s not an option that I will leave radio,” says Shannon, who shocked WPLJ 95.5 FM listeners last Friday by announcing that after 22-1/2 years on the morning show, he was leaving.

“I retired from WPLJ,” he tells David Hinckley at The NY Daily News, “not from radio. I love radio. I love doing a morning show. I love getting to know the listeners.”

He might resurface at terrestrial radio, he says, “or I’d be open to satellite radio. I like the idea of talking to people all across the country.”

He’s optimistic, he says, that his True Oldies Channel, syndicated by Cumulus, will continue.

At the moment, however, he says he’s still soaking up “the incredible outpouring of affection from our listeners.”

“It was so gratifying,” he says, and it also told him he’d left WPLJ the right way.

For now, he's taking a few weeks off and in “a couple of weeks,” he says, he’ll be off the course and headed back to the radio game.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment