Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bob Costas Eyes Another Night Off


Bob Costas called in to TODAY on Wednesday to announce that, once again, Matt Lauer will be taking over for him tonight to cover the Olympics.

"Actually, I don't feel that bad," he said of his current condition, "and the irony of it is, we've all felt worse than I feel right now and gone into work...I've done lots of ball games and events feeling much less than my best, but in this case it's just involuntary. It's an eye infection, and my eyes are so blurry and watery and become so light-sensitive that even in dim light they're constantly tearing up.

"I can't possibly be in the studio, so it's not a case of just saying, 'What the heck, I'll go in not feeling well," he added, breaking the news to Matt: "You're coming out of the bullpen again tonight."

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment