Friday, January 24, 2014

Glenn Beck Has Message For The Media

Glenn Beck
Glenn Beck said on Megyn Kelly’s show Tuesday that he had an “awful lot of fun” in the years he was at Fox News, but that he made an “awful lot of mistakes.”

“I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language,” Beck remarked. “I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart.”

In recent days, members of the media on both sides have pounced upon the comment, many reacting with approving surprise that Beck would make such an admission (though it’s not the first time Beck has made such a comment). Among those who weighed in were MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough, and CNN’s Piers Morgan.

According to The Blaze, Beck said on his television show Thursday that he was “baffled” by the media’s reaction, saying “they really, truly cannot understand why the always angry, always crazy Glenn Beck is suddenly introspective and calm…”

Beck said that the media’s surprise is indicative of the larger problem — that people on both sides of the aisle oftentimes don’t actually know what their political opponents believe.

“They are shocked today because they think I’m some anti-gay, racist nut-job, and they think the same thing about you,” Beck said. “…The only time they ever reported on me, or on you, was when some leftist with an agenda at Media Matters sent them some ridiculous, out-of-context ‘Glenn Beck alert.’ And that’s the only thing that’s ever been news-worthy to them.”

The media failed to notice his company’s many successes, Beck said, like how Mercury One has given $14 million to victims of tragedy in under two years – $500,000 of which went to a struggling hospital in New York City.

“I haven’t changed any of my views,” Beck said. “You’re discovering some of my views.”

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment