Friday, January 10, 2014

Fresno Radio: Veteran Greg Lane OUT At KSKS

Greg Lane
Radio vet Greg Lane is out of his evening timeslot after 23-years at KSKS 93.7 FM KISS Country in Fresno.

He's been replaced by 'Nash Nights Live' hosted by Shawn Parr at the Cumulus-owned station.

"It would be better if I could be mad because I could get past that. Right now, I'm just hurt. It feels like someone called and said that my best friend had died. I'm in shock. It hurts to the very core of my existence," Lane told the Fresno Bee.

Lane was there when the country format launched on KSKS, which means he survived ownership changes, new station managers and a variety of program directors.

He did that by being one of the primary connections between the country music world and Fresno. Whether it was chatting to the biggest and best the music genre has to offer when they came to town or through trips to Nashville, Lane was a dynamo when it came to keeping local listeners informed. He was one of the first on-air personalities to give country superstar Taylor Swift publicity.

KSKS 93.7 FM 54dBu Coverage
Lane has taken the high road when it comes to his former employers at Cumulus Media.

"I don't blame Cumulus. I was told that the syndicated show was starting and there was no room for me," Lane says. "I bleed KISS Country and my heart and soul will always be with the people there. I hold no grudges and wish them well. I consider it a huge privilege to have had this job."

Lane started at KISS Country in August 1991 after working 10 years in Sacramento. During his time at the local country station, Lane worked in almost every time slot from mornings to the "Valley Nights" weeknights program that launched in September 2012.

The show featured artist interviews, countdowns, local country music news, regional concert information and new country releases.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment