Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Aussie Report: KIIS-FM Poaching 2Day-FM Listeners

The radio war between Kyle and Jackie O and their former station 2Day FM is getting ugly, and now some listeners are caught in the middle.

Kyle and Jackie O walked out on Sydney's 2Day FM late last year and returned to the airwaves this week on a new station, Kiis FM.

Some loyal 2Day FM fans have allegedly been receiving calls from Kiis FM 106.5 this week asking them to take part in Kyle and Jackie O's new show.

But a Kiis FM spokesman said neither member of the duo has access to contact details for 2Day fans.

Those fans, who are confused about how the Kiis FM producers got their phone numbers, have been venting their frustration on a private Facebook page called 2Day FM Super VIPs, which has been viewed by news.com.au.


"I just got my seventh phone call in three days from Kiis FM," wrote one 2Day FM fan.

"I asked him (the producer) how he got my number. He said, 'oh from you ringing the Kyle and Jackie O show before'. I then told him, 'but I've never called Kiis FM', and he said, 'oh no from when Kyle and Jackie O were on 2Day FM'. Then he panicked and said, 'oh sorry mate I've got to go', and he hung up on me."

Several other fans claim to have had similar experiences.

"I have been getting calls (from Kiis FM) every morning at 6am and every second afternoon around 3-5pm," said a different woman.

But in response to the allegations, an ARN spokesman has denied to news.com.au that Kyle and Jackie O have been targeting the loyal 2Day FM fans.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment