Monday, November 18, 2013

Seattle Radio: Linda Thomas Decides To Leave KIRO-FM

Linda Thomas
Soon, she’ll no longer need to wake-up at 2AM.  KIRO 97.3 FM morning news anchor Linda Thomas has announced her intentions to leave the station

Thomas started with KIRO Radio in 1988 as an overnight editor. She says it was supposed to be a temporary job. Instead, she became became the station's first female drive-time anchor five years later.  In 2000 she gave up the daily grind for family time; but returned to KIRO in January 2010.

In making her decision know, Thomas said KIRO's news, talk and online teams are the best in the business.

“It's been an honor to work alongside amazing talent. I've learned a lot from all my co-workers. They encourage me, challenge me, and make me laugh on a daily basis. I really do love them.  Dave Ross is brilliant and the most amiable person I've ever worked with in broadcasting. He'll still be there for you every morning.”

No comments:

Post a Comment