Friday, October 11, 2013

LA Radio: Keri Tombazian Exits the WAVE

Keri Tombazian
After 20+ years with the Smooth KTWV 94.7 FM, Keri Tombazian has departed her evening slot. Her contract was not renewed, according to LA Radio.com.

 There was no announcement from CBS Radio. An executive at KTWV indicated that company policy is not to comment on personnel issues.

Keri started with KORG in 1976 and moved on to KGIL and KRTH before joining KTWV in 1988. In the fall of 1993, Keri moved from evenings to morning drive and teamed with Sheryl Bernstein for a dramatic format switch at “the Wave.” Billed as the first morning drive female team, it was an experimental mix of politics, comedy and reduced music.

5 comments:

  1. Aww this a great loss for the wave :( Little by little this radio station is going down. How sad I love the wave and Kerry kept me company and used to sooth my nites.. What a great loss really! Unbelievable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I miss the line up of Don Burns, Talaya Trigueros, Keri Tombazian, Amy Hiatt and China Smith. Great music and great personalities. The stations music format has changed and is no longer smooth jazz. They lost me as a listener for good. Thank you all for the many years of great company and music. I miss you.

      Delete
    2. I agree with both comments & loved the WAVE when they started!! I do NOT listen now since changing their format from smooth jazz & it has really gone down.....they LOST me & are losing it!!!! :( I really miss the old/original WAVE.....

      Delete
    3. I agree with Ray that that 90s lineup was incredible. I consider it a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration, like the Showtime Lakers. We were so fortunate back then.

      Delete
  2. Kari,
    Listened to you faithfully many, many evenings. So looked forward to your program,you introduced me to some unequivocally masterful music snd artists. God bless.

    ReplyDelete