Friday, July 5, 2013

Denver Radio: Peter Boyles Talks About Getting Physical

Peter Boyles
Controversial talk radio host Peter Boyles says he grabbed his producer's lanyard and forcibly pulled the man close to his face during a incident that resulted in Boyles being fired from KHOW 630 AM.

Boyles spoke to 9Wants to Know last week, days before he begins a new gig on KNUS 710 AM, where he anchors the morning drive.

Boyles was fired after a May incident where he admits he got physical with his producer on the day Tom Tancredo announced he would run for governor.

"It was really a tense moment," Boyles told investigative reporter Jace Larson. He said he was frustrated because he didn't feel he was getting full support from his producer.

"I said, 'OK everyone, get in the game,'" Boyles said. "He popped off and I grabbed his lanyard and pulled him to me. It left red marks on his neck."



Boyles says no one is to blame but himself.

"I got a phone call to come back in the building and wait in the lobby. I was taken downstairs and I was fired. After all these years there was no severance. I've never been on unemployment in my life and was told not to file for it because they would fight it. I was fired for workplace violence," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment