Monday, July 8, 2013

Alex Jones Rips Mediaite Over Ratings Story

On his radio show Friday, the conservative talker Alex Jones took exception with an article about him on Mediaite, decrying it as part of a campaign of “disinformation” against himself and Infowars.com.

The article covered an earlier segment of Jones’s, in which he claimed to occasionally “destroy” Rush Limbaugh in head-to-head matchups. 
“I’ve been up against Limbaugh, toe to toe, hundreds of times. There are at least twenty occasions that we have come up to him in ratings, or destroyed him…I’m not up against Limbaugh on purpose. This was the slot I was offered in 1998, they said, you wanna go weekdays on this little network, we’re putting you right here, that’s where we have a slot…I’m not trying to destroy him physically, get him off the air. It’s just that I will defeat Rush Limbaugh in the free market of ideas. People like this show more than his.”
 Jones claims he was specifically referring to cases in which he was picked up by small market radio stations and built an audience until he was competitive with Limbaugh, only to have the stations change format.


“That turns into ‘I wanna bring Rush Limbaugh down, and I’m a liar, saying I have a bigger total audience than him,’” Jones said. “Rush Limbaugh probably has five times the terrestrial radio audience I do, probably more. Because he not only has five times the stations, most of them are the bigger ones, the marquee stations. I’m not about this!”

Jones got in a jab before the end of the segment, reminding his listeners that he vastly outperforms Limbaugh on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment