Tuesday, June 4, 2013

SF Radio: Frosty Stillwell Crosses Hallway To KKSF

Clear Channel says radio personality Frosty Stillwell will now be hosting from 12-3 p.m. on KKSF-AM Talk 910 AM.

Stillwell's talk experience includes many years at KLSX, which was talk from 1995-2009 before CBS flipped it to AMP Radio in LA.  He previously spent many successful years at FM talk KLSX, then-modern AC KYSR and as a  fill-in at Talk KFI 640 AM.

Stillwell will continue co-hosting the Sandy & Frosty Morning Show on Clear Channel's KIOI-FM Star 101.3 in San Francisco until his replacement is named.

"Frosty is a part of the new generation of talk radio," CCM+E VP/Programming Don Parker said.

"He's a personality first, with a keen understanding of how to connect with an audience. His addition to the Talk 910 lineup of Armstrong & Getty in mornings and Gil Gross in afternoons completes our powerhouse team of live and local talk radio that will dominate the Bay Area for years to come."

Stillwell says he's thrilled to be back to what he's done for the past two decades, Talk Radio. "Talk 910 dominates the format in San Francisco. While I loved being part of the music and personality show on Star 101.3, there was just no way I could pass up this enticing opportunity right down the hall to get back to my true passion."


Stillwell replaces Tom Sullivan on KKSF.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree, see ya KKSF.. I already go to internet radio or podcasts when Gil Gross comes on, I particularly cannot listen on Fridays because of his wife. So, Armstrong & Getty then off to the internet. Thank god for streaming on my iPhone. No wonder AM radio is dying in the US. So sad...

      Delete
  2. Agreed. The KKSF programmer who replaced Tom Sullivan with this clown should be shown the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cannot imagine KKSF letting go of Tom Sullivan. Tom was widely loved by listeners from diverse ideologies. He is gentle and thoughtful and wise. Maybe this new Frostie guy came cheap.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  4. KKSF has lost me as a listener. Tom Sullivan is thoughtful and engaging. This new guy is load and boorish.

    Anyone know where we can go to listen to Tom Sullivan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom Sullivan is thoughtful and engaging. This new guy is loud and boorish. KKSF has lost me as a listener. Anyone know where I can listen to Tom Sullivan?
    JC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good old Frosty just revealed his complete ignorance of classical history when he misidentified the original Marathon runner as a Roman with the name "Marathon" rather than a Greek carrying the news of the victory AT Marathon. So why should we credit his take on anything? I guess he is right for this day of dumbed-down hosts and dumbed-down audiences. How I miss Tom Sullivan's superb radio voice. This guy's muffled delivery is an attention-killer. Sounds like he's talking into a pillow. Makes me switch stations – brilliant move KKSF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This guy, Frosty, has forced me to switch to Sean Hannity, a fate worse than anything but listening to Tom Sullivan's replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom Sullivan is on 1530 out of Sacramento. After RUSH I switch over to Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In respect of all things, if you listen to Frosty he is so funny and very entertaining. I also turned away but came back and now I am hooked on Frosty. I also miss Mr. Sullivan but hey people, it is what it is. Stop the hate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love Frosty and have followed him over the years. He is a gentle sweet soul and the world needs more like him. Cynthia from Torrance California

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too was initially dismissive of Frosty but now enjoy him thoroughly. I find his cultural observations to be more enjoyable than the continual battering ram of politics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bring back Tom Sullivan, can't stand listening to Frusty the Liberalman. I guess I will continue to switch the radio off 12-3, what a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frosty is a winner! Just right for the SF Bay Area. Leads up to The Randi Rhodes Show at 1 PM which debuted on 91.0 in Jan. 2014.. The Fox News fans have their idols on 96.0 AM where they can go to follow the "HATERS".

    P.S. At least Armstrong & Getty are mostly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Frooty stillhell sucks!! Get this bozo off the airwaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoy his show so much ! Give him a break! He is not full of hate, rather a gentle soul and he his entertaining! Barbara.

    ReplyDelete