Monday, June 17, 2013

College Dropout Ryan Seacrest Now Hollywood’s Busiest Man

Ryan Seacrest
Ryan Seacrest stopped by Access Hollywood Live on Friday, where the radio host/TV personality/producer dished on everything from the future of “American Idol” to how “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” (which he executive produces) got its start, to which of The Wanted boys has the “messiest room” he has ever seen.

Here’s what the busiest man in Hollywood had to say:

Why “American Idol” is still around: “’Idol’ has built this track record of credibility unlike the other shows that haven’t been around long enough to do it as much. But when you think about this success of what Carrie [Underwood] has accomplished and what Kelly [Clarkson]has accomplished and what Jennifer Hudson has accomplished, I mean, that’s huge success.”

On how he convinced his parents it was OK to drop out of college for Hollywood: “My father’s a lawyer and I had to present a case to him over chicken salad and we sat there and he said, ‘Well, what is it you want to do?’ And I said, ‘Well, here’s my plan. I’ll give myself a year. If I can’t get some sort of a job and support myself in a year then I’ll come back.’ And so I put my stuff in a Honda Prelude and I drove out and I split an apartment on Verdugo and Hollywood Way, right? $360 bucks a month. I knew one person in town, we split a one bedroom with Ikea furniture on both sides.”

No comments:

Post a Comment