Monday, May 13, 2013

Media ‘Wrong Over And Over Again’

CBS News anchor Scott Pelley on Friday at the Quinnipiac University in Connecticut said its’ been a rough few months for journalism.

“Our house is on fire,” Pelley told the audience. “These have been a bad few months for journalism. We’re getting the big stories wrong over and over again,” reports The Global Dispatch.



“Let me take the first arrow,” he continued. “During our coverage of Newtown, I sat on my set and I reported that Nancy Lanza was a teacher at the school. And that her son had attacked her classroom. It’s a hell of a story, but it was dead wrong. Now I was the managing editor, I made the decision to go ahead with that and I did, and that’s what I said, and I was absolutely wrong. So let me just take the first arrow here.”

“Our nation was attacked by terrorists,” Pelley said discussing the Boston Marathon bombing. “I cannot think of a time when the public that we serve needs accurate, timely information more than in those moments when our country is under attack.”

No comments:

Post a Comment