Thursday, May 16, 2013

DC Radio: Jack Diamond Bids Farewell

Jack Diamond photo
Jack Diamond Facebook Farewell:
The past 24 years I have gotten up every morning at 3:30AM. I have driven down River Road (yes, from PotomacDarnesBurg : ) and into DC. There is not a single morning I have not looked forward to starting the day with an ever-evolving team of VERY talented team members. There has never been a day when I wasn't thrilled to share a new day with you. I never took your kind listenership for granted or assumed you'd "just listen". I knew we had to be entertaining, interesting, informative, a bit unpredictable, but always a Show that you could listen to with your kids in the car. Or your boss. Great Interviews, Musical Guests and Comedians. Even YOU in studio for FFAF, or on the phone talking with us! The most daring or shocking show? No. That was never our goal. The best show FOR Washington, DC FROM Washington, DC? Yes! I turned down "Syndication" many times. We are Washingtonians! Every city needs local personalities talking 100% about local issues, needs, events, etc. That's not only my opinion, that was our show. 
During our years together we shared, sadly, life-changing days like 9/11. I was proud to stay on the air many hours after our "show" had ended on 9/11. My mission that day, as well as during the DC Sniped reign, snow storms, tornados, hurricanes, even earthquakes, was to be a calm and calming voice. To share the facts as we got them, and share our emotions as we felt them. A voice of information and normalcy during a time that was anything but normal. I hope we accomplished that for you. Quite honestly, this was your show. About you and for you. 
Now, if you came here expecting me to trash my station or the people who have already told outrageous lies about me, you don't know me. That will not happen. Yes, you will hear more desperate words from even more desperate people in the days ahead. Please consider the source. And also know what a person says about someone else, says far more about them... I do want to say Thank You, but that will have to wait for another post. There is so much I want to thank you for. Here is the final picture of our show. Aly and I call it: "And Then There Were Two". Our last days together. At least in this chapter... To be continued. Thank you. For everything. I truly love YOUR show, babe!! (And miss you more than I can say)

No comments:

Post a Comment