Monday, May 20, 2013

Austin Radio: Commercial Leads To Heart Alert For Dale Dudley

Dale Dudley
It's a commercial that's near and dear to Dale Dudley's heart.

The KLBJ-FM 93.7 FM morning host was asked recently to promote the HeartSaver CT, a test offered by Heart Hospital of Austin. He said "yes" but, first, he chose to undergo the procedure himself.

After reviewing the results, Dudley, 51, says it's a decision he's glad he made.

According to a story at austin360.com, doctors found a potential blockage in an artery that's known as "the widowmaker" because it can frequently lead to a massive heart attack.

"I always think of myself as indestructible," Dudley told me this week. "I don't want to face the possibility of something that could kill me."

The well-known radio host says he was motivated, in part, to get the procedure because his father died of a heart attack, and congestive heart failure took the lives of his mother and grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment