Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Glen Campbell Stops Touring, Will Release Final Album

The Rhinestone Cowboy
Though Glen Campbell's Alzheimer's disease has progressed too far for him to remain on tour, the veteran singer is planning a followup to his 2011 album Ghost on the Canvas, which he had intended to be his last recorded work.

According to RJ Cubarrubia at Rolling Stone, the 77-year-old Campbell will release See You There on August 6th on Surfdog Records. The new album features reimagined versions of hits like "Wichita Lineman," "By the Time I Get to Phoenix," "Rhinestone Cowboy" and "Gentle on My Mind," and was recorded by Julian Raymond during the same sessions that yielded songs for Ghost on the Canvas.

Campbell released that album in August 2011, after announcing in June that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. "I do get confused," he told Rolling Stone that year. "I don't even look at anything anymore, except what's going on right now. I just thank God he's given me a second chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment