Monday, April 29, 2013

DC Radio: WRQX Taps The Bert Show For Morning Drive


Bert Weiss
The other shoe has dropped.

Cumulus Media this morning announced that The Bert Show’ will be the new morning show on WRQX Mix 107.3 FM.  The hosts Bert Weiss, Jeff Dauler and Kristin Klingshirn start Monday May 16, 2013.

“Bert Weiss is an iconic radio talent with roots here inWashington -- even meeting his wife here -- and we’re thrilled to make the ‘The Bert Show’ available to radio listeners in the area," said Market Mgr. Mark O’Brien.

"Bert’s relatable style, the quality of his guests and the topics he talks about are exactly the right fit for our listeners and advertisers."

The Bert Show replaces Jack Diamond, which end a 24-year run on WRQX this past Friday.  Click Here for original posting.

The show can also be heard  on Q100 in Atlanta, I94 in Indy and I106 in Nashville.

5 comments:

  1. You won't get me to listen when your show is broadcast in DC.

    You were a jerk when you were here and I doubt you have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems to be the radio business. Here today (or the last 24 years) and gone tomorrow. I was not always a big fan of Jack and the Morning Show team, but would return time and again. He could be arrogant and self-centered, but who isn't in Washington. And the girls were certainly high maintenance. A real dysfunctional family atmosphere that made me feel right at home.I mistakenly tuned into 107.3 the last two days and felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. Not impressed in the least, but than again I'm not female and over 55 years old. I will not be tuning in again. Really dislike the programming. Nothing personal, but just like hosts come and go, I wouldn't be upset to see the management and ownership get booted. After all, it's "show" business and that's what happens on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't like Bert when he was here before...will most certainly NOT be listening now. 107.3 lost another listener. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your show sucks Bert! I tried giving you a chance and had to turn the station after two minutes! You offer nothing, the people that are on your show offer nothing and you're just plain boring!

    ReplyDelete