Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Boston Radio: Rich Shertenlieb's Wife Cancer Free

Rich Shertenlieb
Rich Shertenlieb, mornings at WBZ-FM 98.5 FM The Sports Hub Boston, and family received some great news last week.

Just 16 days after Rich’s wife Mary was diagnosed with AML – a form of Leukemia – she is now cancer-free.

“I got a call after I went home (from the hospital) at 5 p.m., and my wife is crying. A doctor came in and said the chemo worked, and she is cancer free and is now officially in remission,” Rich said Friday morning.

“Sixteen days after showing up with what they said was one of the highest blast cell counts they’ve ever witnessed, she is cancer-free.”

Toucher & Rich related the good news to listeners Friday morning.

LISTEN TO AUDIO: Click Here.

“There have been so many emails, so many friends that have cooked meals and brought them to the house, picked up Hank from school, family members by my side the entire time. This is really giving me strength,” she said. “Everybody has been so helpful and so supportive I really feel that’s what has given me the strength to fight this.”

“I asked a nurse how rare this is, like someone is in remission this quick. She said of the 10 years she’s been in this unit she remembers one case that was close to this,” said Rich. “When I first got there, they said the one pro about AML is that it attacks so violently and so quick, if you attack just as violently and quick with the chemo it, for some reason, responds really, really well.”

“Boy you want to talk about really, really well: Cancer-free in 16 days. In my opinion that is truly a miracle,” said Rich.

Read More Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment