Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday Aircheck: Dan Ingram, WABC NYC 1970

Dan Ingram, born September 7, 1934 in Oceanside, New York, had a career which spanned more than 40-years WABC 770AM  and WCBS-FM 101.1 FM in New York.

"Big Dan" started broadcasting at WHCH Hofstra College, Hempstead, New York, WNRC, New Rochelle, New York, and WALK-FM, Patchogue, New York.

Ingram is regarded by many as the best Top 40 DJ of all time. He's noted for his quick wit and ability to convey a humorous or satiric idea with quick pacing and an economy of words--a skill which has made him uniquely suited to, and successful within, modern personality-driven music radio.

He is among the most frequently emulated radio personalities, cited as an influence or inspiration by numerous current broadcasters.



For much more from Dan Ingram and to hear the evolution of Musicradio 77 WABC, America’s Greatest Top 40 Station, Click Here for Musicradio77.com.

Checkout Big Dan, 31-years later at WCBS 101.1 NYC:

1 comment:

  1. Dan Ingram added so much joy to my young life. His sense of humor and quick was one of a kind. I can listen to radio air checks all day long and laugh again. So many things I have said in my life I realize by listening now were things Dan said that my young mind absorbed and treasured. Thanks to Big Dan for all those years of wonderfulness. And now I get to listen to many of them again. Too bad all the shows are not available. I could listen for years to come.

    ReplyDelete