Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Alan Jackson Comes A Knockin' At WIRK

                                                Sandra Foxx, Bill Adams, Jeff Elliott, Alan Jackson, Tiny

Alan Jackson stopped by The Jeff Elliott in the Morning Show at 107.9 FM WIRK in West Palm Beach, FL. last week.  But it could have been a visit that never happened. 

According to a posting on the station website, here's is the lowdown: show member Tiny answered a phone call and said, “Um…Ooooo.Kkkk.”  Other morning show members asked Tiny if there was something wrong and tiny replied, “No, that was someone saying that Alan Jackson is out in the hallway trying to get in.”

Jeff Elliott said, “Sandra, go outside and see what’s going on.”

I had it in my head completely that we were being punked. There’s no way Alan Jackson is here!  I opened the door and I froze.  I must have stared at Alan and his friend, Frank, for a good 3 to 5 seconds before I introduced myself and let them in to the WIRK studios.  I was in shock.

Alan is so incredibly kind and humble, and what you will be listening to here is 2 parts of the impromptu interview with our surprise visit from Alan Jackson on June 22nd, 2011.




No comments:

Post a Comment