Friday, April 15, 2011

Orlando TV Anchor Faces Surgery For Tumor

WKMG-Channel 6 anchor Lauren Rowe will have surgery Tuesday after doctors found a tumor on her thyroid, according to The TV Guy, Hal Boedeker at orlandosentinel.com.

“There’s something growing that shouldn’t be there,” Rowe, 39, said today. “They have to remove the tumor to know if it’s malignant or benign. They will remove the tumor and half of the thyroid.”

She will anchor through Monday at the CBS affiliate, and her “Flashpoint” this weekend focuses on the Casey Anthony case.

“We think I’ll be gone at least a week,” Rowe said. “As long as everything goes well, I hope to be back within a week.”

How is Rowe doing?

“The reaction at first was fear, nervousness,” she said. “My 4-year old daughter was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes on Thursday. My original fear for myself shifted, and I’m focused on my daughter. I want to get the surgery over with so I can focus on my daughter. It’s been sort of a one-two punch.”

Read More.

No comments:

Post a Comment