Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rush Radio: Trump Forces Obama's Hand

From Rush Limbaugh Show Wednesday:
RUSH: Ha! So, ladies and gentlemen, if it takes a reality star to force Obama's hand on his birth certificate... and everybody's asking, "Why now?  Why now?"  I think I've got the answer.  I think it's all about polling data.  I think up 'til now the polling data showed that it was a winning issue for Obama.  The birthers were considered crackpots and the polling data showed as long as it continued that way, that there was hay to be made by Obama by not releasing the birth certificate and stoking these people.  But then Trump comes along, and I really believe that the polling data, the internal polling data, the White House shows that the issue was starting to take place.  You saw that poll yesterday, USA Today, 38%, 40%, whatever it was of the American people don't think he's born in this country.  I think the polling data shifted, and it wasn't all Republicans in that poll that showed that shockingly high number.
Okay, so, at any rate, Trump was, in the context of politics being a reality show, Trump was hilarious this morning, was absolutely hilarious...So what do we have?  We have a reality star that has forced Obama's hand on the birth certificate.  Now, maybe, maybe that's the key.  'Cause even Trump took credit for it, said it was one of the proudest days of his life. (laughing) He started out, "I'm really proud of myself."  Everybody thought that Trump was gonna be eating crow.  He starts off by saying, (paraphrasing) "It's the proudest day of my life. Look what I did. Only I was able to do this."  I mean for a while I thought, my gosh, I'm watching myself here. (laughing) Biggest kick out of it.  So a reality TV star ends up forcing Obama's hand on the birth certificate...
And, of course, there's Obama at his own presser today saying, "We don't have time for this silliness.  We got serious things happening."  What does he do?  He leaves and gets on a plane with Moochelle to go to Chicago to tape Oprah!  And after they finish taping Oprah in Chicago today, a very serious interview, I'm sure, then they're gonna fly to New York for a rush hour series of three fundraisers.  They're gonna shut down the FDR, they're gonna shut down the Upper East Side during rush hour.  So this is Obama demanding that we get back to seriousness now, enough of silly season, he flies off to do the interview with Oprah.  Trump has another catchphrase to be remembered by. 
He's got "You're fired" and now he's got "I won."  And Obama thought he had the trademark on that.
Read More.

TomzTake: Trump a modern day P.T. Barnum. Trumping everyone on getting publicity for his show.

No comments:

Post a Comment