Monday, April 18, 2011

Lady Gaga's 'Judas' Upsets Religious Groups



"She is trying to rip off Christian idolatry to shore up her talentless, mundane and boring performances," says the president of the Catholic League, according to a story by Lindsay Powers for The Hollywood Reporter.

Lady Gaga is stirring up controversy with the lyrics and video for her new song, "Judas."

The tune features lyrics like: "I want to love you,/but something’s pulling me away from you/Jesus is my virtue, and Judas is the demon I cling to….I’m just a holy fool,/ oh baby he’s so cruel,/ but I’m still in love with Judas, baby.”

Fumes Bill Donahue, president of The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, in a statement: "This is a stunt... Lady Gaga tries to continue to shock Catholics and Christians in general: she dresses as a nun... she swallows the rosary. She has now morphed into a caricature of herself.

Read More.

No comments:

Post a Comment